Pet Peeves have to be one of my strong and evergreen conversation starters when I meet new people. I always see the need to have this conversation with people because I feel like it gives you a bit of an overview as to the kind of person they are; and of course I also want them to perceive the kind of person I am. Just as I would be sharing with you; so if you fall in my “pet peeve” category I think maybe we should have a discussion lmao.
I would be sharing my pet peeves from the least disturbing to the “kuku kill me”. Shall we?
- Going through someone else’s phone: Please Why!!! Why!!! Some people do not reckon with the word “Privacy”. How do you comfortably go through other people’s chats and messages? It’s just all shades of wrong. Sometimes I have this discussion with people and they go “what are you hiding?” and it bugs me even more‚ it’s past the case of hiding stuff but you being uncomfortable with people going through your business. It is my phone and there’s absolutely no right for you to be checking through. The craziest are the people that casually peep over your shoulder in public to check what you’re doing LMAO. Some people are just rude! Please dears you can do better‚ remember what happened to the curious cat
- Having “PRIVATE” conversation in public buses: I get appalled every single time I experience this. Ever since I became a “Lagos Guru” and hoping buses became my forte; each day something out of the world happens and just when I conclude that nothing else could surprise me; Boom out of nowhere some dude beside me is giving a full-blown documentary on how his wife left him‚ someone else is giving advice on how ‘you cannot kill yourself because of one man’. How do these people get comfortable having this kind of conversations in a bus full of 20+ strangers?! Oh well I have heard there’s nothing some people wouldn’t do for attention (but this attention is low sha or do you think some people are just oblivious about this?)
- Biting of Nails: I guess anyone that knows would know how bothered (emphasis much) I get about people biting their nails‚ it irks me so bad that I cannot but notice bitten nails from afar. You know when something irritates you yet you always find yourself unconsciously drawn to seeing that thing (okay that sounds alien but I’m sure someone can relate). I understand how ‘addictive’ it can be‚ but I mean sit back and take a deep look at your fingernails‚ do you like what you see? Some people do not like to keep their nails however you could neatly trim it out and your nails still look fire
- Chewing loudly: I guess we are already at the ‘kuku kill me’ phase‚ if I possessed a top secret information and I was being held hostage to release such information‚ one of the ways you could break me would be to get someone to chew LOUD and all the cats would be out the bag‚ because I would crumble. I have tried many times to mentally ignore it rather it feels like a timing bomb ready to explode in my head. I mean let’s not get this wrong‚ there is an absolute difference between crunching on something and actually just making chewing noise with your mouth. Let’s face it‚ this is one irritating habit; if there’s anyone that doesn’t feel bothered by this‚ should actually be given a laureate prize or something because you are rare!
- Body Odor: I really do not want to sound offensive but what the heck! This has to be the one time I’m actually not very sensitive and I could just bluntly tell someone they kind of stink. Like, come on guys‚ people need to actually be considerate on these streets. This should be like some law infringement move because all I can think about is someone torturing the sanity of another human (It’s that deep) There are actually very cheap/affordable deodorants out there now. In fact, if you’ve not heard of “perfumed oils” lately‚ are you even in Nigeria? Perfumed Oils are now as rampant and as available as water. It is affordable and trust me it is one hella money well spent because now you’re doing not only yourself a favor but the community at large. Let us be kind to each other‚ let’s use deodorant
To get these affordable perfumed oils. Check IG for @kaelaperfumeshop
This is where I rest my case‚ I’m not sure I broke any table of yours you were standing on but I’m sure you will be alright.
I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I did writing (even if I’m dying from neck cramps right now)
You can share this article by clicking on any of the preferred icons below.
We should know ourselves more right? Share with me some of your pet peeves. I would love to know if I’m on your pet peeve ‘table’